Greetings Class of 1998! We continue to be impressed in the milestones God is establishing at Westmont. Several deserve to be highlighted and we hope they encourage you in the College's ongoing ministry.|
Westmont continues its legacy of blessing students with learning that changes their lives. Sammy Acosta, a student graduating this May, reflects on his time at Westmont:
- Over 300 Westmont students spent their Spring break on mission teams throughout the world, from Santa Barbara to Mexico. The Ensenada team was mentioned in a CNN story.
- Mark McCormick-or "Mark the RD"-after faithfully serving Westmont since 1989 as the Resident Director of Clark and mentor to thousands of students, will retire after this Spring.
- The new track and soccer complex opened this week, marking a huge improvement for athletics at Westmont. You can also keep up to date with the campus building progress and see how the campus is changing.
I can say with all confidence the liberal arts education I received will serve me well throughout my life. The critical thinking skills I learned will allow me to assess every situation I encounter and make an informed decision. As a Business & Economics major, I see the importance my faith will play in my career choices. I learned that success is not measured by my bank account but rather by the lives I can positively impact. I'm so grateful to all the people who made my experience at Westmont life-changing.|
Karl and Kimberly Schafer '98
Click Here to find out more about Westmont's Class Agent program.
Recent and Upcoming Events
- February 16: Westmont faculty homes went solar. Read more.
- February 19: Westmont welcomed Mexico's former president Vicente Fox to campus. Watch his chapel address on YouTube.
- February 26: Dr. Jeff Schloss, Professor of Biology at Westmont since 1981, received the T.B. Walker Chair in the Natural and Behavioral Sciences, which will allow him to collaborate more with students in research.
- March 27: Spring Sing 2010 is at 6:30p.m. at the Santa Barbara County Bowl. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $23.
- April 21: The Spring 2010 Student Research Symposium will feature students' research from all disciplines and majors.
- May 7-8: At Commencement 2010, the Westmont community will honor 330 graduates and welcome them as new Westmont Alumni! Find out more on the Commencement Page.
- May 17-June 30, Annual Class Challenge. Watch your mailbox for more information in the coming weeks.
- June 24-26, Ashland Shakespeare Festival: Join Professor of English Paul Willis for 3 days of Shakespeare. Reserved seating is limited. Sign up today for Twelfth Night, Henry IV Part One, and Hamlet.
Useful and Interesting Links